2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Changes

According to several reliable sources, Chevrolet has a number of substantial improvements in stock for its Heavy Duty lineup. Namely, the versions that come equipped with the new 6.6-liter Duramax V8 will be fitted with a hood scoop that should facilitate engine cooling. On top of that, the whole air-intake system is due to receive major improvements that will result in highly improved efficiency in both hot and cold weather conditions. The brand new hood scoop is expected to draw up to 60 percent of cool and dry air needed for lowering the engine’s temperature. The remaining 40 percent of airflow will be provided by a secondary intake in the front fender. The two combined air intakes will create a ram-air effect at higher speeds, giving the Duramax engine improved hauling abilities. In order to keep the air dry, Chevrolet’s engineers have fitted the 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with an air/water separator.

2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD

2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Styling

The 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD is also expected to adopt a slightly revised front fascia. The changes will bring the HD truck more in line with the smaller 1500 pickup, keeping it competitive until the completely redesigned model makes its debut in few years. Expect also the 3500 HD to feature some styling elements that are normally found on passenger-car models, such as LED daytime running lights. Other than that, the upcoming Silverado 3500 will feature the recognizable shape of its predecessor.

2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Engine Specs

As mentioned, the 2017 Silverado 3500 HD will be offered with the 6.6-liter Duramax diesel V8 under its hood. However, rumor has it that GM plans to boost the engine’s power to some extent, possibly surpassing Ram’s impressive 900 lb-ft of torque produced by the Cummins diesel. This mighty engine currently generates 397 horsepower and 765 pound-feet of torque, coupled with a six-speed automatic gearbox. It is very likely that the tried and tested Allison transmission will once again find its place in Chevy’s Heavy Duty lineup. Thus far, the gasoline-powered option has been the 6.0-liter V8 that makes 360 horsepower and 380 pound-feet of torque.

2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Rear

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Release Date and Pricing

Some of the latest reports hint that the 2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD might make its first public appearance at the 2016 State Fair of Texas in late September. As for the pricing, official numbers have yet to be revealed.

Be Sociable, Share!

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *